www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Done With Voting

My "NO" Vote

I'm done with voting. Went to the polls quite late today at around 1:45 pm. Voted NO on the rail and accordingly for the rest of my ballot choices (scroll down and see earlier posts). The only problem at my polling place was that someone stole the pen in the first booth I went to. Moved to another one and the pen was there. I could mark my boxes clearly and squarely. Fed the ballot in the machine and it thanked me for voting. I was out of there in a few minutes.

Now the waiting begins. I think the national elections are going the way of Obama if the early tweets I'm getting from FoxNews is any indication. Last I check Obama has something like 102 electoral votes to 37-something for McCain. Sad. Hawaii and Alaska still haven't finished voting as of this posting.

But I think the national outcome is assured. Obama will probably win and the dark clouds will be gathering over the horizon as America will be taken down the long road of liberal socialism for the next 4 years and maybe beyond. Sad, so very sad.

The only hope I have in the dimming hours of this election day is that the rail project can be stopped and hopefully by a longshot, maybe even Mufi can be ousted from office. Gotta count on the traditional Japanese vote to go for Kobayashi and push the bully out.

No comments: