It was 40 Years Ago Today
Originally uploaded by macprohawaii
"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" by The Beatles was released to the world on this date, June 1, 1967 on Capitol Records. I've owned this album and variations of it on LP vinyl, cassette, Playtape cartridge, CD and now on MP3 (ripped from my CD). 40 years ago, I never imagined I'd be listening to this classic album on a CD, much less on a Macintosh computer or an iPod!
It's coincidental that Apple Computer and EMI Records started selling DRM-free music at the iTunes Store this week after making a big announcement about this in April. I was pleasantly surprised to see iTunes feature the back catalog of Paul McCartney to the iTunes store in conjunction with the EMI tracks. Could The Beatles classic recordings such as Sgt. Pepper be making it to digital soon?
Additional Links- Sgt. Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band
- The Beatles official website
- iTunes User Reports at Macintouch
- Apple Launches iTunes Plus
- iTunes Plus Personal Info Raises Hackles
- Beatles coming to iTunes in 2008
No comments:
Post a Comment